JOB DESCRIPTION: Head of Operations-India
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO
LOCATION OF ROLE: Mumbai/New Delhi, with extensive travel
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE: SUMMARY: Head of India Operations role is certainly a varied one, you will have a hand in virtually every aspect of the business and will be tasked with ensuring it runs successfully, profitably and smoothly. From setting financial budgets one day to leading on new initiatives the next, this is one role where one day will never be the same as the next. Head of Operations is an interesting position to hold, you will be responsible for ensuring that the business has the best working environment and processes. You will evaluate how BP operates and implements the necessary strategies, processes, procedures and policies. Specific duties will vary however, will often include the following:
- Ensuring financial targets and other agreed targets are set and are met by all Managers · Ensuring new business/sales activities secure additional funding and commercial finance in line with strategic aims
- Ensuring marketing activities support the securing of new business, the engagement of learners, raising brand awareness and driving public relations
- Reviewing operating processes and procedures to ascertain if they are successful and if not, devise alternatives through the ISO system improvement process
- Keeping employees motivated and organizing appropriate training and development in line with the company succession plan and training matrix
- Ensuring the business operates within the company’s mission statement and values
- Driving customer satisfaction and reporting any issues to the CEO
- Ensuring Legislation is adhered to including though not exhaustive: Health and Safety, Data Protection, Employment Law, Corporate Governance
- Working with all Managers to get the best performance from employees
- Driving the business to increase profits
- Meeting with customers and suppliers to ensure contracts are being fulfilled and re-negotiated as necessary
PURPOSE: Reporting directly to the company CEO, whilst working proactively with the Senior Team, the Head of Operations will lead a team of highly skilled Managers to create and deliver the company’s strategic and operational plans. While delivering the plans, the Head of Operations must demonstrate pro activity, efficiency and effectiveness in terms of managing finance, developing team members and services further to drive the growth of the business. The primary function of this high profile role is to develop and execute:
- Business plans
- HR Strategy, succession plan and training matrix
- Operational delivery profiles
- Sale’s plans for the long-term future of the organisation
- Compliance strategies covering Curriculum, Quality Assurance and Health and Safety · Marketing strategies and plans to support the above
Key Account abilities to the CEO for all aspects of strategy, business planning, operations, sales, marketing, compliance and team management. This will include taking accountability for:
- Supporting the CEO with the strategic direction of the organisation
- Providing appropriate support and guidance to the MD and the Board to enable them to act effectively in support of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans
- Through Monthly/quarterly reports and presentations, ensure the Board fulfills its legal and governance responsibilities by advising the Board on regulatory updates in association with the Company Secretary
- Taking remedial action where necessary and informing the Board of any significant changes impacting the business
- Any RISKS to the business should be managed in line with the company RISK Register.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Reporting directly to, the CEO, the role requires a visionary who is also a driven and decisive individual with a proven track record of leading from the front to deliver high value business performance whilst building an inclusive and collaborative culture. Strategic:
- Responsible for supporting the CEO in developing and directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the Board.
- Maintaining an on-going, transparent dialogue with the CEO to ensure the CEO is kept up to date with day to day activities
- Maintaining an on-going, transparent dialogue with the Chair of the Board to ensure the Chair is kept abreast of exceptions that will impact the business Ø Lead on the execution and further development of the shared vision and mission for the organization
- Ensuring appropriate operational planning and quality assurance control systems are in place and complied with
- Ensuring appropriate financial planning with control systems are in place and complied with.
- Assuming full accountability to the CEO for all company operations
- Be the driving force in identifying and developing new opportunities for the organisation to sustain growth.
- Make provision for the development and management of the organisation’s technological infrastructure and information systems
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the CEO and members of the Board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and to ensure that the appropriate policies and procedures are developed to meet the company’s mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations
- Develop and maintain research and development programmers to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost effective methods and approaches, provides a leading edge, unique service which ensures the company remains competitive.
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by management and all other employees
- Successfully implementing company policies and procedures
- Building and maintaining an effective Management team.
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets taking remedial action where necessary and informing the Board of significant changes
- Maintaining the operational performance of the company
- Representing the company to major customers and professional associations.
- Lead on the development and definition of policies.
- Ensure compliance to Health and Safety Legislation internally and externally.
- Ensure that items requiring the attention of the Board are submitted in a timely manner and that relevant briefing papers are presented in sufficient time to allow consideration of content
- Embed a mind-set of continuous improvement in all activities within your control
- Keep abreast of industry news and market forces that may have both an adverse or positive influence on the organization
- Review and seek to influence the social, political, economic, technical and legal factors within the sector environment, identifying and responding to the needs and interests of the organisation’s stakeholders
- Provide direction and leadership to ensure the achievement of objectives, targets and strategic plans
- Manage the Management team to ensure that BP. meets its obligations to clients and stakeholders
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Act as a role model and drive the continuous development of Investors in People principles through the HR Development Plan
- Lead, manage and motivate employees to deliver high performance results
- Actively promote equality and diversity in the workforce
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and development of the organization’s succession plan
- Ensure that decisions taken by the Board are disseminated and understood by relevant personnel.
- Ensure that the organization is compliant with all regulatory and industry requirements; Health & Safety, Quality management, Environmental etc
- Ensure that the appropriate structures, systems and processes are in place to keep the organization abreast of industry policy, legislative changes/impact
- Develop the organisation to be an ethical business in all respects of its activities.
- Essential Desirable Experience Minimum 5 years working at Senior Management level
- 20+ years’ of progressive experience in operations and team mgmt.
- Highly developed and finely tuned experience of setting strategic direction
- Experienced in producing and developing strategic business plans
- Experienced in working within a target driven environment and managing a senior team Financial management/interpretive ability
- Ability to apply analytical rigour in all operational and strategic financial matters Experienced in developing and maintaining a business development network
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral A leader who demonstrates high levels of decision making and influence Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their ethnic, cultural, social backgrounds, their gender, age, religious belief, disability and sexual orientation.
- Experience of managing a business Experience of Director’s governance responsibilities Experience of working with Ministry of Justice or The Department of Work and pensions. Competencies Compliance: Ability to audit and monitor quality of outputs; demonstrable experience of delivery against specified protocols/ procedures ensuring the highest level of performance. · Teamwork: – Ability to build and develop relationships with internal employee, strategic partners and other external parties/ organisations; able to resolve conflict. · Personal Drive: Will be able to demonstrate being self directed, resourceful and creative; Able to manage own time and work autonomously; Able to work on own initiative with drive and enthusiasm. · Communication: Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. . · Commercial Awareness: Able to demonstrate contribution to maximising commercial performance through controlling costs, and ensuring efficiencies where possible · Customer Focus: Works to understand customer needs; Strives to exceed expectations; · Planning and Organising: Demonstrable experience of managing tasks and deadlines; able to resolve conflicting priorities.
- Role specific requirements Flexibility to work at multiple locations, travel and flexible working hours · Hold no other position of secondary employment · Excellent IT skills: competency in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Internet Explorer · ·
- Minimum: BTech or Above · Desirable: Masters in Business Administration or Equivalent.